Finally, Samsung Galaxy A3 Lollipop update in Singapore is also out — build A300GXXU1BOF1. If your Singapore specific Samsung Galaxy A3 (model no. SM-G300G) hasn’t received the OTA update notification for A300GXXU1BOF1 Lollipop firmware, you can download it now and install using our guide below.
Installing the A300GXXU1BOF1 Lollipop firmware manually on your Galaxy A3 doesn’t void your device’s warranty and thus is very safe to install. You don’t need to do any setup either — just follow our simply guide below and you’ll be all done in 30 minutes or so after the download is over. Just make sure that you download the right firmware, depending on the carrier your Galaxy A3 belongs to.
Singapore Galaxy A3 Android 5.0 Lollipop Update A300GXXU1BOF1
- Firmware file — Lollipop update:
- Odin PC software | File: Odin3_v3.10.6.zip (1.6 MB)
- SINGAPORE SAMSUNG GALAXY A3 (model no. SM-GA300G)
- Don’t try this on Galaxy S3, whose model no. is different than A300G
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever!
Disclamer: Installing an official firmware through Odin doesn’t void your device’s warranty, but it remains an unofficial process and thus you need to be cautious of it. In any case, you only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup important files stored on your device before proceeding with the steps below, so that in case something goes wrong you’ll have backup of all your important files. Sometimes, Odin installation may delete everything on your device!
- Download Odin and firmware file from above.
- Install Galaxy A3 drivers (method 1 there!) first of all. Double click the .exe file of drivers to begin installation. (Not required if you have already done this.)
- Extract the firmware file now. You can use a free software like 7-zip for this. Install 7-zip, then right click on firmware file and under 7-zip, select ‘Extract here’.
- You should get the a file in .tar.md5 format now. For example, for all Singapore A3, you will get A300GXXU1BOF1_A300GOLC1BOF1 _A300GXXU1BOF1_HOME.tar.md5. We will be loading this file into Odin, to be installed on your Galaxy A3 (in step 10 below).
- Extract the Odin file. You should get this file, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe (other files could be hidden, hence not visible).
- Disconnect your Galaxy A3 from PC if it is connected.
- Boot the Galaxy A3 into download mode:
- Power off your device. Wait 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume Down + Power + Home together until you see warning screen.
- Press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
- Double click on extracted file of Odin, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe, to open the Odin window, as shown below. Be careful with Odin, and do just as said to prevent problems.
- Connect your Galaxy A3 to PC now using USB cable. Odin should recognize your device. When it recognizes, you will see Added!! message appearing in the Log box in bottom left, and the first box under ID:COM will also show a no. and turn its background blue. It’s a must! Look at the pic below.
- Load the firmware file into Odin (that you got in step 4 above). Click the AP button on Odin and the select the file: A300GXXU1BOF1_A300GOLC1BOF1 _A300GXXU1BOF1_HOME.tar.md5
- Make sure Re-partition checkbox is NOT selected, under the Options tab. Don’t use PIT tab either. Go back to Log tab btw, it will show the progress when you hit start button in next step.
- Click the Start button on Odin now to start flashing the firmware on your Galaxy A3. Wait till installation is finished, after which your Galaxy A3 will reboot automatically. You’ll get PASS message as show below upon successful installation from Odin.
- If Odin gets stuck at setup connection, then you need to do steps 6 to 12 again. For this, close Odin, disconnect your device, remove battery, insert it back after 5-6 seconds and then start from step 6 again.
- Or, if you get FAIL in the top left box, you need to try flashing again, as stated just above.
- First start of the device may take time, so wait patiently again. Check the Settings > About phone to confirm new firmware.
That’s it. Enjoy the A300GXXU1BOF1 Android 5.0 Lollipop update firmware, OF1 in short, on your Galaxy A3!
If you need any help with this, let us know via comments below and we will try our best to help you out.